I have a carpc in my hyundai avante for about 3 years now.
Recently I have upgraded to a ATOM chipset (from the old VIA mini-itx board)
Showing some pics I took during the install.
Testrunning the setup at home desk
The carpc with its mini-itx ATOM board
Fitting the VGA touchscreen
Fitment to the console
Mess of wires
PC mounted below driver seat
Amp mounted below passenger seat
First mounted and boot to Windows
A full screen mtv
Other items connected to the car pc
- starhub 3G mobile broadband via a USB-stick
- OBDII reader (Avante uses CAN-bus)
- USB dvb-t, dab and FM radio stick
- Bluetooth handsfree
Some people might ask... why put a PC in the car?
- Huge storage space. That's a lot of songs and videos.
- Big screen GPS
- Price.. it costs much less than the SONYs or Alpine double dins, yet performs as good. (Total setup is less than SGD 1k)
- Way better but costs not much more than the china-made 2 dins.
- I'm geeky and loved the curious look from frens exclaiming ... "You have a Windows in your car!!"